Biological Happening Biological Happening

sounds like something you'd hear in killing floor. lol.
awesome track dude.
as a guitar player though, i would suggest that you take the decay off of the chords. when the chords decay that little it throws the sound off. you might be able to make something cool by making the decay faster though too.
just a few thoughts, but all in all, a great track. downloaded.

AliceMako responds:

Well the thing is my guitar players do as they're told not the other way around, that's how i get my guitar samples and tracks like these get made.

SideWayz SideWayz

Very nice! i think this has the best sound so far on the top DNB of the month!
as for the issues your having,
i would try disableing the audio devices in the options before loading the track. theirs a possibility that theirs a mem leak caused by a loop somewhere making the crash happen.
you could also try turning down the Mhz of the audio refresh rate and see if that helps too. other than that theirs not much i can think of without being there to take a personal look at the problem.
I hope you get it fixed soon! i want to see the final work on this track more than any other song here! :D
5/5, and a 4.5/5 sense its incomplete.

Odd Weather Odd Weather

whereas this is a great track and i love listening to it (even downloaded it), i think this would go better in electronica rather than dnb.
but for a little useful criticism, i think you need to go back and do some re-leveling. the sounds are awesome but they need to be re-worked to better show off the highlights of the song. i would turn the drums down a bit then bring up some of the background noises, and try to mix up the rhythm with some of the BG sound.
all and all, 4/5 and id love to see this become something awesome!

ps
almost sounds like a darker/hardcore version of the House theme. XD

Druids-Warcry responds:

hey deadmetal im glad you like the track my friend as for your advice i may go over this song and try to work out the kinks :) thanks for reviewing and enjoying!

Voidism Voidism

wow!
for this not being your specialty it sounds great! but as i saw your replied already, i agree that your drum sounds could use a little work. your snare has more his when it needs more hit.
the lead sounds great but is just a little too loud. its DNB so those should be the focus as far as leveling the tracks.
i love simple sounding synths so the square and the gated synth sound great to me.
one thing i might try too is if you were to throw another bass line that was all low fq. tends to add another layer to the bass that makes large audio systems just shine in holy glory. XD
anyway, other than the aforementioned, this track is amazing. i think i like it more than the current DNB leader for this month. with a little work this could be a masterpiece!
keep up the good work and id love to see this track redone! 5/5, 4.5/5

p.s.
if you need some more drum samples, id check out looperman.com or if you want y ou can just get a hold of me. im always willing to lend a helping hand or collaborate!

Nova Wave (NG Loop) Nova Wave (NG Loop)

i love the lead, bass, and BG noise.
however, i find the sounds in the drums to be a little off. the patterns are great, but the sounds.
i feel like you might get better results from using a a kick that has more punch rather than bass. almost seems like the kick has a decay to it when it needs more attack.
also the sound your using for the chords sounds like it has a little too much buzz. I would probably throw it under a parametric EQ and turn the low up a little and the very high down.
other than that this is a great track. the gates are clean, the arps match the key of the song perfectly, and not a note out of place.
5/5, 4.5/5.

Jenni-Harry4eva3 responds:

Ah, some more punch, little less decay? That I can certainly do. I know whatcha mean. I kind of like that it can breathe, but I can see that it could be a little tighter. It does sound a bit flabby. As for the chords, a little more EQ can certainly be done. It could use a little more rumble as well.

Actually, not a single gate was used. A completely manual, notational arp. Seems like it worked well!

Thanks for your constructive review! Greatly appreciated!

Within a Century Within a Century

1:06 for the mgs sound. :D
anyway, ya great track. nice and clean sounds.
the kick has sort of a "click" sound in it that i think should be worked on just a little. i'd throw an equilizer on the kick and lower the highs just a tad and raise the mid a hair and the bass a little.

also, dont forget the power of hi-hats! if you added some hats to the track it tends to add a lot of power to the drums and that should also make up for the highs being turned down on the kicks.

over all, 5/5, 4.5/5.
keep it up! for your first DNB, its very well done and shows you have promise in the genre!

Semaphore responds:

First of all thank you so much for this review deadmetal420 !

May be a little late response but...

I go through some tracks now and
after gaining some equip like Sennheiser headphones 598 and an ASUS Xonar Essence STX which I hadn't at this time I created this song I can now hear the kick clicks. Öemme just say one fact to this - will not happen again in upcoming tracks =)

[Jay T] - Poundcake! [Jay T] - Poundcake!

i almost forgot about this little gem! so i guess you could say i came back for nostalgic seconds. lol.

These mistakes (Remastered) These mistakes (Remastered)

nubbin,

You are my favorite artist on this damn site. :D keep it up and never stop blaring the beats!

[PSF] Hardstyle Demo [PSF] Hardstyle Demo

drums...

it all sounds good, but the drums.
Hardstyle drums hit hard with a bit of a click and a solid low bass. usually the bass flows in right when it hits too. the drums can be hard to get to a good hardstyle starting base, so just mess with it until you get it how you like.

Hardcore Fight Song (long) Hardcore Fight Song (long)

1 thing!!!!

if you want this to be a fight song, it needs to be mixed or moded somehow so it isnt obvious when the song repeats if the fight lasts for longer than 1:50. and also, it seemed like the melody synth was hitting just a little too loud and a little to hard. other than that it reminded me of MK right of the bat! XD
9/10, 4/5

jbarnett responds:

the reason it sounds like MK, is because they used a hit for the main instrument as well. and i will be sure to change it up for you